Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Ring of King Tuts!

Here is my hand compared to the blooms of the 'King Tut' sweet peas Lathyrus sativus.  It says on the seed packet that they reach up to 3 feet and are adaptable to both cool and hot regions.  They aren't fragrant, but boy, aren't they cute?  You can purchase seeds from Territorial Seed Company in Oregon state.
I cut them so they would continue to bloom.  I put them in a shot glass for this photo!  Gardening is so enjoyable, isn't it?  Had a hot and muggy day.  The Herbal Husband watered and that brought the rain!  He can't seem to wait!  Loves his plants!  Hope you had a good day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later!

10 comments:

Carol said...

I've been watering today too and I certainly hope it brings the rain. We are so hot and dry here.

Unknown said...

What sweet flowers...Thanks for sharing them.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

We will definitely send the rain your way, Carol. Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Too cute. I have a fence outside my kitchen window at the new place. I should try sweet peas there next year.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Desiree,

Aren't they cute! I couldn't believe how small they are! Thanks for stopping by!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Definitely TG! Hope things are OK with you!

Unknown said...

BTW - speaking of the new place.... I found the Penzey's Herb place is just around the corner! I can hardly wait to get settled so I can stock up!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Whoo Hoo! My favorite herb shop! You will enjoy it!

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

What darling little flowers. I love the shotglass picture.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Isn't that amazing, Julie? I did like that idea! Thanks for stopping by!