Saturday, June 19, 2010

Guest Blogging for The Herb Companion Magazine!

This was a beautiful Lavendula angustifola in full bloom last night in Chagrin Falls.  Sorry I'm not sure which cultivar it is, maybe 'Hidcote' or 'Munstead'.  It is an angustifola because it has narrow leaves and that is what angustifola means in latin.  Those are the two hardiest for the Northeast area.  They would be my number one choices to use in cooking.  An L. x. intermedia called 'Provence' would also be acceptable.  Here is my latest post for The Herb Companion magazine called Now is the Time to Prune Lavender.  It includes my favorite lavender lemonade recipe from my friends at The Rosemary House with an addition of hibiscus flowers from my friend, Tufa Girl in Texas.  Hope you enjoy it!  Doing this early 'cause we have places to go and things to do later!  Hope you stay cool wherever you may be.

4 comments:

Happy Chick said...

I loved your lavender article on Herb Companion and posted the link on my blog as it relates to my herb of the month, the lovely Lavender.
I just wanted to inform you of the post, thank you for writing such a nifty article, and invite you to check out my other posts on this fabulous herb.
www.healingchic.blogspot.com

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Happy Chick! I started checking out your links and got side tracked. You know how it goes! If I weren't lemon verbena lady already, I would probably be lavender lady!

Unknown said...

LVL you lemonade is so pretty. Glad you are enjoying the hibiscus.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks TG, it really makes the lemonade even more refreshing if that's possible! Got to see your new curb appeal! Thanks as always for stopping by!