Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An Insect Magnet!

I got this swamp milkweed (Asclepias incarnata) last year and it didn't do very much.  This year is a different matter.  I guess the old saying, first year it sleeps, second years it creeps, third year it leaps really doesn't work in this case.  This milkweed just jumped over the second year!  It was a delightful day in the garden.  Picked raspberries and weeded and trimmed around beds.  Oh, made my first batch of lemon basil jelly.  The jelly season has begun!  Hope you had a great day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

7 comments:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Uh oh, that jelly of yours is wicked good. We love it!

Asclepias is one of my favorites for the garden. I love the life it brings.

Love,

Sharon

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks, Sharon! I have friends and family addicted all over the world! I just set up two batches of raspberries for jam tomorrow! Love this time of year! Thanks for stopping by! Love, Nancy

Julie said...

OOooooh. That jelly sounds yummy! You were right about the Western Tanager, Nancy.

Unknown said...

One thing about host plants - you do not get to select who will like it best.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Wow, getting good with birds, Julie! Thanks for letting me know! Yes, the jelly is very good if I have to say so myself!

TG, that's the fun part of the party in the garden. Not knowing who is going to show up!

PeggyR said...

That is lovely! I had one, but I have no idea what happened to it!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

That happens to me all of the time, Peggy! Thanks for stopping by!