Thursday, July 1, 2010

Guest Blogging for The Herb Companion Magazine!

My angelica was big and beautiful this year.  So to keep it at bay and not get too many seedlings, I cut the seeds off the other day.  I knew some had fallen already, but I didn't want more to germinate.  Be careful what you wish for.  I have a case of contact dermatitis!  So hope you enjoy my article for The Herb Companion magazine called Contact Dermatitis Causes in the Garden.  Got a couple of batches of raspberry jam made today!  Beautiful weather in the 'Burgh!  Talk to you later.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The worst burn I ever got was after working around Copper Canyon Daisy (Tagetes lemmonii). Had worked in my garden cutting back different perennials and then went with friends out to the river. My skin started burning, like on fire. I washed my arms with soap, Dawn detergent but was too late. The oil had already worked with the sun to seal the deal. I tell everyone I know - in the heat of the sun or summer - wear sleeves in the garden when working. You never know what will make you react.

Mike Blonder said...

We sell low maintenance herb gardens in brown paper bags -- Green Products Gallery

Mike Blonder

Little Messy Missy said...

Wow jam already. Mine aren't even on yet. Happy canning!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

so good to see you today at farmhouse..i have missed you...

sending love,
kary and teddy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, TG, we call it stupidity in this house! I should know better! I'm thinking about going to the doctor because the over the counter stuff isn't cutting it!

Hi Mike, Thanks for your website.

Missy, it's a shock for me. Usually this early I make raspberry vinegar, but we have had just the right amount rain and heat!

Glad to have you and Teddy back, Kary! Sending love back, Nancy

Thanks everyone for stopping by!

lifeshighway said...

Happy 4th Lemon-lady.

I get contact dermatitis from cedar trees and a lot of evergreen shrub. I itch like crazy.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Oh that happens to me as well! Thanks for stopping by!