- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!
Friday, July 2, 2010
Volunteers Are Best! At Least This Year!
8 sunflower buds
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons bread crumbs
juice of 2 medium lemons
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add sunflower buds. Boil for 2 minutes. While water is boiling, bring a second pot of water to a boil. After the sunflower buds have cooked for 3 minutes, transfer them to the second pot of water. Discard the first pot of water. This gets rid of any bitterness. Continue to cook buds until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
In a skillet, melt the butter. Add bread crumbs and stir, sauteing lightly. When bread crumbs turn golden, toss in sunflower buds. Pour on lemon juice to taste, toss to coat. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired, with sunflower petals.
It has been a beautiful day in the 'Burgh! Went to the doctor to get a stronger cream for my dermatitis. I'm sure it will help. Hope you all have a great and safe July 4th weekend!