Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Tomato with a Profile!

No, the FBI is not looking for my tomato!  I have seen other people's vegetables with distinctive markings.  I think this is the first time we have had a tomato with a nose!  The variety is 'Nyagous'.  Really it was delicious with some peanut butter on an English muffin for my breakfast earlier this week.  My favorite time of year for peanut butter and tomato sandwiches.  Maybe you have seen my other posting on this very subject.  If you haven't here it is, Favorite Summer Sandwich.  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  I've got to go work in the garden while it is cloudy or exercise!  Talk to you later!

6 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Hi Nancy...well i got such a special surprise in the mail today...you are such a dear...

making somebody's day like that...
been fun getting to know you too...


now..where is my sewing machine....

sending love,
kary and teddy
p.s. cute tomato :-)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I try, Missy!

Wow, you are the furthest away Kary and you got your buttons first! That post office is doing too good a job!

Thanks ladies for stopping by!

Carol said...

Cute tomato! Sometimes Mother Nature likes to show her sense of humor.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It is true, Carol!

Anonymous said...

I have never known anyone who likes Peanut Butter and Tomato sandwiches! They are one of my favorites and everyone makes fun of me or gives me the weird look! Strangely enough, my Mohney family comes from Armstrong County- way back but the sandwich doesn't come from them!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Donna, I knew we were kindred spirits! This is my favorite time of year! Thanks for stopping by!