Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another of The Herbal Husband's Favorites!


Rose campion, Lychnis coronarius, a cousin of the Maltese Cross, an another favorite of The Herbal Husband is blooming away.  I love the silvery foliage.  Although it looks a little on the green side here.  We briefly had a white campion from English seed, but it died out.  You have to remember to scatter the seeds where you want them after it has bloomed.  A true cottage garden favorite.  FlowerLady, I share your pain!  It is still sticky and icky out.  I'm meeting the Rosemary House bus tour tomorrow.  They are coming to the Herbal Wild West!  They'll be in Pittsburgh tomorrow morning!  Hope you are having a good day.  Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Carla said...

I love this plant. It reseeds freely. I love to discover a plant in new places each year. We have a lot of wind in our area and I find this plant coming up in the by tree, and stones and sometimes in my flower pots. It is a lovely plant.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Carla,

We don't have this plant as much as I would like. I have to think about scattering seeds when they are done blooming this season. Love your blog and will be a better follower now that it is in my favorites list! Thanks for stopping by! Nancy