Friday, June 18, 2010

A Long Overdue Friendship!

Fifteen years ago, The Herbal Husband and I took a trip out west and rode down the coast to Cambria, California to see the Hearst Castle.  The most important part of the trip for me was to meet Sharon Lovejoy and see her wonderful shop and gardens.  Well, I wasn't disappointed in the shop and the gardens, but I was sad not to be able to meet Sharon.  She had left the day before to travel to Sweden!  I know there was no hidden message.  She didn't even know I was coming all the way from Pennsylvania to meet her.  Well, last evening I finally had my chance and it was worth the wait!
I could hardly contain my excitement!  Can you tell?  I had to give Sharon a few of my herbal jellies and raspberry jam for her stay in Maine!
 
I think it was just as exciting for Kathleen Gips who owns The Village Herb Shop because she has known Sharon since 1982.  Kathleen is the author of wonderful books on the language of flowers and she presented Sharon with a beautiful tussie mussie.

Kathleen had a delightful tea set up and made the Town Hall a magical place.  I'm so glad my herbal companions, Bonnie and Shelley got a chance to meet Sharon.  She is a treasure and while she was speaking I was watching the children in the audience and they were wanting to do the activities Sharon was talking about.  It is all about participating and engaging your children or grandchildren.  Sharon's stories in her books make it easy for you to participate.

So a long overdue friendship has started!  I'm so glad I blog and have been able to meet so many wonderful people blogging.  I did say hello from each of you who asked me to do so!  She loves to blog as much as I do!  I think I'm going to add a celebration to your list, Sharon.  June 17:  The day Chagrin Falls and surroundings, Kathleen Gips and The Village Herb Shop staff and Lemon Verbena Lady celebrated Sharon Lovejoy and her books.  Hope you have had a safe journey to your home, Sharon and Jeff.  It was a delight to meet both of you and I hope I see you again some day soon.








5 comments:

Thea said...

how blessed are you to have met Sharon Lovejoy!!! I'd be jealous if i wasn't so happy for you! Thea

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Thea! Maybe one day you will meet her! She is the best! Thanks for stopping by!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Here we are somewhere in New York and I wanted to take some time to THANK YOU for your spirit, love, and kindness. We are so tickled with your gift of a pantry of great jam and jelly gifts. We'll think of you as we spread it on our toast IN MAINE! Think of us out on our little porch thinking of you.

You remembered that I've never had a linear leaved thyme and you shared some with me. HURRAH! In your honor I stopped back by Kathleen's shop and bought a lemon verbena, which I named Nancy!

Thank you dear Nancy.

Onward to give a children's gardening talk in Phelps, New York. After that? ZOOOOOOOOM, we're on our way HOME.

Love to the lovely Lemon Verbena Lady,

Sharon (and Jeff, the man with the errant cell phone)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Well, it was so much fun to get to meet you finally! Have a great talk and then enjoy that porch time! Love,
Nancy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

P.S. That thyme was a little shocked to be out of the bricks of my herb garden patio! So I hope it makes it! Never had anything named after me, I'm honored!