Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Time to Weed The Thyme!

A majority of my thymes are on my rock wall.  They have really thriving there.  The lawn is interfering in their ability to expand.  This is my woolly thyme with grass growing in the midst.  Here it is cleaned up!

I apologize for the quality of the photo, it was quite steamy out today.  I think it looks better, using the best tool you can, your fingers and an occasional pull with the tweezers.  It also helped that it rained last night.  This morning was much easier to work than later in the day.  The rain had already drained out the chipmunk holes!

This is my creeping lemon thyme that is quite happy, but had a little too much lawn growing in it.
 Here it is cleaned up.  Why does my head start draining when I put gloves on and lean over to weed any plant!  It just drives me nuts and then today, I just dripped along with the draining!  It was not pretty, but I did get through the important part.  The thyme can once again thrive and I may take a little more lawn out so it really can!  Sorry for the really late post.  I got to go see if I have a Cheep Room for tomorrow!  Talk to you later.

3 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

We just planted some woolly time around our pond...I hope ours does as well as yours!

PeggyR said...

I've been weeding here and there especially with the rain we've been getting again. But our back is loaded with mosquitoes. I hate going back there.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Missy, I bet it will. Just make sure it has good drainage and doesn't stay too wet!

Oh, I hate mosquitoes, Peggy, but they love me! I can be outside 2 milliseconds and I have bites everywhere! Lavender essential oil really helps to take the itch and redness away!

Thanks for stopping by ladies!