Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Gotten A Bit Crazy in the Snow Department!

Birdies Going Crazy Trying to Get the Food in the Birdhouse!

Christmas Dinner-Chicken Divan-Divine!

Have to Have These at Holiday Meals!
Well, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day.  I have to say I was relieved to get up this morning and be able to drive down to the grocery store and get some needed items.  The forecasters were just enough off to allow me to get there and back before the snow started to come down.  Thank God for the wrong forecast!  As you can see in the photos above, the landscape has become snowy.  Sorry for all of you in the warm climates, this is Christmas weather and winter is a season and I will always love it.  I said on Facebook last night ask me again in ten years, but for now, I really still love it.  Don't have to commute in it and can stay home and watch it come down with my mug of tea!  Now don't let the power go off!

I think the other two photos are self-explanatory.  Christmas dinner last dinner was delicious.  I just have been wanting to make this dish for a while and what better time than Christmas.  The chicken divan was divine and those crescent dinner rolls just filled in that carb gap to soak up the sauce.  We were even invited over to the neighbor's dinner, 30 plus people and a sick hostess with a throat sickness that she always seems to get.  We decided to pass and stay in the calm and quiet and be able to eat in our sweats.  The neighbor's older son even invited himself to our house!  I said you are always welcome.  He stayed in the merriment.  I'll catch you up with more photos later.  We aren't going to get a large amount of snow like they thought, but I hear the pinging of icy rain on the windows.  A good thing to be staying inside!  Stay warm.  I'll talk to you later. 

7 comments:

Faith said...

Love the deer photos..they are my favorite. I always get tickled when Isee one..or 4...LOL...snowy here too, starting to come down..staying in,cozying up and crafting something...:)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Have fun Faith. I'm going to go make some tea blends. Stay warm,dear. xxoo LVL

MandaBurms FarmStay for Cats. said...

It is on my bucket list to be in snow for Christmas.
Keep warm
Love Leanne

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I'd be staying indoors too if it was blowing and snowy. It is very windy here as a cold front is headed our way. It's supposed to get down into the 50's tonight, cold for us. :-)

Enjoy being snuggled warmly in your home.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

Carol said...

We didn't get any of our fore- casted snow :0( It all went south of us...but I'm sure we'll get it eventually . I Love winter and snow ...my hubs thinks I'm nuts :0)

Carla said...

The snow is so beautiful, I miss it at this time of year here in CA. Your herb garden is all tucked in and cozy for the winter.

It is petty cold here today though and I am too enjoying a cup of tea inside with a warm fire going.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks ladies for stopping by. It has been a quiet day of staying warm and trying not to slip on the frozen walks! xo LVL

P.S. to Leanne, Hope you get a chance of seeing and being in snow some day!