Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Nice Warm Lunch on a Frosty Day! Well, Not Really!

Once again the tropical Herbal Husband comes up with a satisfying lunch.  If you can't quite tell by the marvelous photo, it is avocado topped with chicken salad, a hard boiled egg and tomato and lettuce and maybe a couple of big green olives (a weakness of mine).  The avocado is a healthy fat, the chicken salad is made with lite mayo, a hard boiled egg is my favorite quick protein snack and tomato and lettuce is just great nutritious  filler.  I sprinkle it with a Tuscan Sunset Italian salt-free blend from Penzeys Spices.  Perfect.

Well, it is just cold and snowy here.  Take a look.
We got that gray 'Burgh day going on.  I think tomorrow may be a sunny day and I will get out and take a few sunny photos.  Promise.  Gotta go and work for my next lunch by shoveling a path to the car and getting the car cleaned off!  Talk to you later!

9 comments:

Carol said...

It certainly does look YUMMY and very healthy too. I love avocados ♥♥♥ It's cold and sunny here but still no snow.

PeggyR said...

Oh this sounds really good. I just bought chicken wraps from the grocery store.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a delightful looking lunch. I just had a salad of baby greens, chopped turkey, sliced carrots, celery and onion, topped with cottage cheese, and a mayo/vinegar dressing, with some delicious wheat thins and water.

It was chilly here this morning, but feels nice outside now. The sky is blue, there's just a slight breeze and the sun is shining brightly. I'm sitting at work behind the desk though. :-) It's still quiet here. Our 'season' won't really start until after the new year, then we better not blink because it will soon be over.

Have a lovely new years celebration and a fantastic 2013.

FlowerLady Lorraine

Unknown said...

Lunch looks great, but I just love your new motto!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You will get snow Ms Carol, I know you will!

It is very easy to do as well PeggyR.

Your lunch sounds fab as well, FL. Getting your blue sky tomorrow, I think.

Thanks Dorothy. With The Herbal Husband, I'm not always the calmest person!

Thanks ladies for stopping by and Happy New Year to all of you. xxoo LVL

Pat said...

Your lunch looks perfect! After all the elaborate & calorie laden meals of this holiday season I am actually craving green leafy things & veggies. It could also have something to do with all the garden seed catalogs arriving in the mail box this week too!!

Don' t overdue it on the shoveling.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

We had a pile of seed catalogs this week as well. Maybe I had better share some with you. We had leftovers of Christmas today!! I have to get out my exercise DVDs and start using them because it is too dangerous to walk outside with the snow and no sidewalks! Hope you are enjoying your visit with your son, TO! Thanks as always for stopping by. xxoo LVL

Janice Kay Schaub said...

That salad looks so good. I start my "diet" january 1st............will have to stock up on veggies and salad stuff.
Your garden looks so nice in the snow.Mines a mess even under the snow
Janice

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I eat a salad almost every day, Janice. It is really good and nutritious. The garden was mostly uncovered last year and now this year. It may be covered until spring arrives in March! Thanks for coming by and commenting. xxoo Nancy