Monday, December 31, 2012

Lemon Verbena Lady's Herbal Year in Review-2012

January-A Bit of Snow Covering the Herb Garden
February-Always Nice to See the Herb Garden in Winter


March-The Apothecary's Rose Has Come to Life

April-The Herb Garden Made the Herb Society of America's Calendar

May-Lemon Verbena Coming Back in the Herb Garden
June-My First Attempt at a Video in the Herb Garden
July-The Last Time I Had a Repost in The Herb Companion
August-Was the Year for Sunflowers in the Garden
September-Last Issue of The Herb Companion Sold
October-'Cup of Sun' Nasturtiums Were Wonderful


November-Lemon Verbena Thriving on a Western Facing Windowsill


December-The Herb Garden As We Began 2012 Covered with Snow

 I'm not sure how we got to this point already!  New Year's Eve and the end of 2012.  I think overall it was a good year in the herb garden and in the garden overall.  The Herbal Husband and I got it back into shape after being away a lot of last year.  We had very hot early and then we cooled down for the end.  Seems like we started with and ended with a blanket of snow.  February and March were mild by winter standards in southwestern Pennsylvania.  The herb garden was a calendar selection in the Herb Society's calendar for 2012 in April.  May brought the triumphant return of the lemon verbena from the ground in the herb garden.  One of my greatest achievements in 2012!  In June I attempted a video tour of the herb garden.  July brought the last repost of my guest blog, The Herb Channeler for The Herb Companion magazine.  August was sunflower month in the garden.  They were gorgeous!  September brought the end of The Herb Companion magazine after almost 24 years of publication.  October was the month of nasturtiums.  November should be a highlight of Thanksgiving, but no we bring you my lemon verbena in a container on a windowsill in full leaf!  It is usually two sticks when it comes inside. December has been cold these last few days and finally snowy!  I had a few trips to NYC and southeastern PA with my friend, Bonnie.


I have started guest blogging for Mother Earth Living magazine, but I have also decided to take a short break from that to do some research and refresh my herbal mind.  I'll be back blogging for them in March, 2013.  As for resolutions, I'm not big on that.  I have been going through the 1,100 plus posts and trying to make them more finder friendly.  I'm not sure I'm succeeding.  I have pulled out a few of the classic and contemporary herbal authors and their books and may do some posts on their herbal lives and thoughts.  I also need to get down to my workspace and do some herbal tea blends cause it is just too cold out there at the moment and too white with snow.  So if you have any thoughts about what you want to hear and see in 2013 from Lemon Verbena Lady, please let me know.  Oh, I may try to do a few more videos in 2013.  I would like to say Happy New Year to all of my blogging friends and faithful readers!  May we all have a peaceful and safe celebration for the new year!  See you in 2013!


6 comments:

Carla said...

Happy New Year to you Nancy and the Herbal Husband. Looking forward to following your adventures in the garden in 2013.
Carla

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, dear Carla! xxoo Nancy and the Herbal Husband

MandaBurms FarmStay for Cats. said...

Happy new year to you both. Must of bee a thrill being the pinup on the calender. I'm looking forward to reading what you write about the herbalists.
I'm going to try and feature one herb a week this year on the blog that is my challenge.

Love Leanne

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Happy New Year already, Leanne! I look forward to the new challenges for both of us! xxoo LVL and The Herbal Husband

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your herbal year in review photos, especially the calender shot! Reading about classic herbal authors would be interesting. Herbal remedies are fun to read about too. I like all of your posts!
Happy New Year,
Dorothy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Dorothy for the kind words. Happy New Year to you!

Happy New Year, Peggy.

Thanks for stopping by ladies. xxoo Nancy