Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holiday Shopping at The Rosemary House & Garden!

The Inviting Holiday  Front Door of The Rosemary House!
Books by both Mr. and Mrs. Reppert
A Special Tribute to Mrs. Reppert
Homemade Herbal Extracts
Herbal Gift Items and Oh, Look Herb Companion Magazine!
Tea Accessories, Scrapbooks and Nancy Reppert's Cookbooks
Fairie Gardening Accessories
Herbal Vinegars and Mixes
Gardening and Herb Books and More Herbal Gift Items
Lotions and Fragrances
Wow, What a Nice Lemon Verbena!
A Gnome in the Rosemary
Teapots Adorning the Arbor
A Remembrance Stone for Bertha and Byron Reppert!
Rosemary House is an herb business started by Bertha Reppert in 1968 and is one of (if not the) oldest herb businesses in the United States.  As I hope you can see from the photos, Susanna is carrying on the herbal tradition with many herbal gift ideas, homemade herbal extracts, herb mixes, herb books, by her mother, a book on Mechanicsburg, by her father, Byron, who was the Mayor, her sister, Nancy (cookbooks) and Susanna has written a scrapbook on herbal cosmetics.  It is really a family affair.  Everything you can want if you are an herb addict like me.  I even called Susanna today to order some things I forgot when I was there last week!  I hope that if you are close to Mechanicsburg, PA, a short drive from Harrisburg and less than two hours from Baltimore and Washington, that you will stop by this holiday season and get some shopping done for the herb people in your life. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a fantastic place. I would love to be able to browse around there. I know I wouldn't come away empty-handed!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It is a very tempting place, Tracey. Thanks for stopping by as always. xxoo Nancy

Anonymous said...

I use to order things from The Rosemary House back in the days ('70s) when the ad would be in the back of a magazine and one WROTE to get the catalogue and then sent check with list of items wanted.... good old days for sure... we are sure are spoiled these days... many of the herbs are growing in my garden - and two grocery and gift shops are more aware of herbs as well.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It is quite the herb shop. I use love buying items there because they smell of everything herbal in the store. It is wonderful for the senses. Thanks for stopping by. xxoo Nancy

Tina Sams said...

I love the pictures, Nancy! That's my favorite herb shop (and love the tea room too).

Tina Sams said...

Love the pictures, Nancy! The Rosemary House is my favorite herb shop - and I hope you stopped over to eat at the tea room too. Those Reppert women do a fantastic job.

Marcy Lautanen-Raleigh said...

I love this shop and it is so close to civil war sites that I can talk my husband into stopping after i have "hiked the green" with him. I remember stopping in once so long ago when Bertha was still working the shop and chatting with her when my own knowledge was nil! Thanks for sharing!

Happy Holidays
Marcy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, they do do a fantastic job, Tina. We enjoyed tea with Nancy and then shopped with Susanna. The perfect end to the day.

Yes, Marcy, and I enjoyed talking with Mrs. Reppert whenever we stopped at the shop. Now I'm happy to see the sisters when we go.

Thanks ladies for stopping by. xxoo Nancy