Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back in the Herb Garden!

Not only are the garlic chives blooming, but so are the curly or corkscrew chives (Allium senescens glaucum).  The pink or mauve flowers in the middle of the photo.  I'm also seeing a rebloom on the 'Hidcote' and some other lavenders.  You can sort of see that on the edge of the photo.  I want to get out in the garden since it isn't 90 degrees and I can edit some of the ornamental grasses that have popped up!  Edit being a nicer word for pull out!  Hope you are all having a great day!  I promise more England adventures.  Talk to you later.  The herb garden is calling!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Your herb garden looks beautiful!

I've always tucked herbs in here and there. Have always wanted a pretty little spot like you have. I've recently moved them closer together so I have an her AREA, but one day...

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You'll have it one day! I never thought I would have something like this! It was weeds just a few years ago! Thanks for stopping by, Wendy!

Unknown said...

Cork screw chives? Always learning something here, LVL!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yeah, you just need a bottle to go with the corkscrew! Ha! Thanks for stopping by, TG! Have to get over your way!

PeggyR said...

I didn't know chives bloomed this late! I've started harvesting some of the herbs. I'm also putting statues away for winter.

Pat said...

Welcome home! Catching up on your recent entries and photos...England must be so wonderful to visit - particularly as a gardener...love the walled entrance photo and looking forward to more images and stories.

Have a good time in your garden - we have reports from home that frost is due tonight.

Pat, back in Palmer-Wasilla, Alaska

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You are on the ball, Peggy! Yes, garlic chives (the white flowers) and these corkscrew or curly chives bloom later in the season.

Hi Pat, Glad you made it safely back from Alaska. Beautiful photos. England was great. More photos to come!

Thanks for stopping by ladies!