Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Box of Good and Plenty Candy!

Oh, I meant to say just like a box of Good and Plenty candy in the title!  As you can see, I'm in my garden trying to tidy up before the big W sets in!  This was last week because this week has been rainy.  This is anise hyssop (Agastache foeniculum).  It is one of my favorite edible flowers because it tastes just Good and Plenty candy.  I am sure I'm dating myself now!  I think they must have Good and Plenty in those vintage candy boxes they sell!  You can also use the leaves in tea both fresh and dried.  Some gardeners find this plant invasive, but I have never had too much anise hyssop.  In fact sometimes I wish I had a bit more.  I need to gather some leaves and dry them for my tea blends this fall.  I have not been drying enough.  I have provided a link from The Herb Companion magazine on anise hyssop for you to browse.  Hope you are enjoying your day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

3 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Loved the good and plenty candy. Have a nice dodging the rain. We finally had some rain this weekend and now some more seasonable low 80's.

Isn't it horrible in Los Angeles with 113 yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Good and Plenty.... funny as yesterday while waiting to check out at the grocery I picked up a box of Good and Plenty and shook it the way they use to in the ads... good and plenty, good and plenty, good and plenty. Struck me that it probably had the same amount of candy in it that the nickle box of my youth had. It was a dollar.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Becca, Yes, it is horrible in LA, but we have cooled down considerably here. Happy Birthday, Becca! Thanks for stopping by.

We are on the same wavelength, Mimi! Funny how that happens! Yes, every thing was cheaper back then and safer and all of that! Thanks for stopping by, Mimi!