Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Herbal Husband Wanted You to See This!

This is a hot pepper from Peru that The Herbal Husband wanted you to see!  It needs a longer season than we can give it.  Although this summer was hot, hot and hot, the plant is in a container so the plant gets the heat inside when it gets cooler, like now.  If you leave the seeds and ribs inside, it is very hot, but The Herbal Husband made a salsa with onions and oil and vinegar and the pepper without the seeds and ribs.  He said it was very tasty, but not too hot!  I'll take his word for it!
Then moving on to the bean production!  It has been amazing.  I had to leave The Herbal Husband my Preserving book from Time/Life Books.  He actually blanched and froze the bean production while I was gone!  Good job sweetie! Did another two batches of raspberry jam this morning!  Hope your harvest is going well.  The weather is beautiful here.  Love, love the fall in western Pennsylvania.  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Putting up beans this week too. Don't have too many yet but next week will probably be very busy.

seanymph said...

I love that your hubby is so handy with all this! Lots of canning going on around my house too. And just this morning I stirred a bit of the Honey Pear conserve I made last week into my vanilla yogurt for breakfast. Oh this one is a keeper! ITs delish.

I planted a raspberry plant this yr and its already got berries on it.....wont be much this yr except for another bowl of yogurt but maybe next yr. Ill be canning some like you.

Carla said...

Just wanted to stop by and say Welcome Home. I just looked at your photos from your trip; what a lovely spot you stayed in. It does look very peaceful.

You bean crop looks so colorful, wish I had some for dinner tonight.

Carla

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Carol, the beans seemed to all come at once and while I was gone!

Hi Seanymph, The Herbal Husband is definitely handy with the canning stuff. I'm a pretty spoiled girl! That honey pear conserve sounds yummy! Hope you get a great crop of raspberries next year! They are delish!

Hi Carla, I would love to share the beans with you! I bet some day they will figure it out!

Thanks for stopping by ladies!

Unknown said...

Maybe you can keep the same pepper plant going all winter inside. I once had an eggplant plant I kept in a container for a couple years. It was fun getting fresh eggplant when others were buying them at the store.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

We do keep it going through the winter, but it doesn't produce any more peppers, TG!