- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
An Herbal Bouquet Keeps the Blues Away!
I always try to have an herbal bouquet on our dining room table in the summer. Since the days are much cooler and there aren't as many flowers in our garden, it is even more important to bring color in when you can. This particular bouquet has tansy flowers, a Fairy rose, pineapple mint, orange mint, lemon balm, golden sage (although it looks very green) and calendula which is this year's herb of the year. In the background is a bunch of 'Minette' basil in water. We still have wonderful tomatoes to make salads! Can't cut all of the basil! Basil resents temperatures in the 40's and starts to turn black. So I wanted to make sure that I didn't forget it in the garden. Bring in the herb garden while you can and brighten your day!