- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!
Friday, October 24, 2008
My Herbal Husband's Purple Corn
My herbal husband likes to experiment with the garden. He brought back seeds of the purple corn (Zea mays) that is used in many ways in Peru, including a drink called chicha morada. The picture above is around the end of September. It has continued to grow and it is well over our heads in the 8 to 10 foot range. This picture was taken just last week. It has just dodged frost this past week, but it will really get it this week when we are supposed to get SNOW!